WordReference English Collocations © 2020
shoeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [right, left, wrong] shoe
- [leather, black, brown, blue, red] shoes
- [smart, casual, work, running, sports, orthopedic, ballet] shoes
- [high-heeled, flat] shoes
- [men's, women's, children's, boy's, girl's] shoes
- [new, clean, dirty, muddy] shoes
- [cheap, expensive, brand name, designer] shoes
- [big, small, loose, tight] shoes
- these shoes are too [big]
- your shoes are [undone, untied]
- size  shoes
- [buy, wear in, show off] new shoes
- take off your shoes
- [make, design, sell] shoes
- what size shoe do you take?
- now the shoe is on the other foot!
- spend a day in someone else's shoes
- wouldn't like to be in her shoes!
- put yourself in my shoes
- what would you do in my shoes?
- could never fill her [coworker's, mother's] shoes
- [is a, Little Miss] Goody Two-Shoes
- a shoe [shop, seller, salesman, designer]
- shoe [polish, leather, inserts]
- a shoe-shine [kit, boy]
- use a shoe [tree, horn, brush]
- what is your shoe size?
- shoed the horse (before the race)
- needs to be shod
- her feet were shod in [sneakers, black shoes, slippers]
'shoe' also found in these entries: