WordReference English Collocations © 2020
shall ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Shall I open the [door, window, windows]?
- Shall we [go, start, stop]?
- Should I help you?
- should not [think, act, speak] like that
- should never [consider, think, believe] that
- shall [go, come, finish] later
- shall [meet, see you] tomorrow
- shall be [held, recorded, registered, paid]
- should have [done, gone, mentioned]
- [this, it] should [work, do the trick]
- should [go, wait, quit]
- should you (ever) [have, need, require]
- should you have any [doubts, questions, difficulties]
- if you should (ever)
- should [go, have, make, do]
- should (not) have [gone]
'shall' also found in these entries: