WordReference English Collocations © 2020
shabbyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a shabby [man, boy, person, guy, kid, individual]
- a teenager in shabby [pants, jeans, clothes]
- the [pants] are starting to [get, look] shabby
- has a shabby [look, feel, appearance]
- is a shabby dresser
- looks shabby with [a tracksuit, his shirt untucked, a beard, those old jeans]
- a shabby old [overcoat, jacket, teddy bear]
- decorated in shabby chic (style)
- a shabby [book, document, passport, certificate, ID card]
- a shabby [restaurant, car, building, hotel]
- shabby [affairs, business, behavior]
- a pretty shabby [performance, display, effort, attempt]
- [got, received] shabby treatment [from, at the hands of]
- [returned, sold, left] in a shabby condition
- (it's) not too shabby, if I do say so myself!
- (it) didn't turn out too shabby!
- this is a shabby excuse for a [burger, party]
- it's not [too, that] shabby (at all)!
- Not too shabby, eh?