WordReference English Collocations © 2020
sensibleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a sensible [woman, parent, teacher, boss, individual]
- take a sensible approach towards
- a sensible [way, method, solution] (to)
- [gave, offered, took] (some) sensible advice
- yes, that [is, seems like] the sensible thing to do
- would be a sensible [choice, option, decision, use, course of action]
- was (not) the most sensible [choice]
- is the most sensible thing to [do, ask, say]
- please, be sensible!
- you're not being sensible!
- it would be sensible if you
- that was very sensible of you!
- how sensible (of you)!
- (wish) you [could, would] be more sensible
- is sensible to [have, use, take, make]
- is sensible to [book, check, ask] beforehand
- seems to be a sensible [answer, explanation, reason]
- Can [you, anyone] think of a sensible alternative?
- wear sensible [shoes, clothing] for [hiking, camping, trekking]
'sensible' also found in these entries: