WordReference English Collocations © 2020
sayⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- say [hello, goodbye, yes, no]
- say [my name, a prayer, something]
- say what you [want, mean, think, feel]
- say it to him yourself
- (cannot) say for [certain, sure]
- don't (even) say a word
- to say the least
- just want to say that
- it is fair to say (that)
- who said that
- you could say that
- if you say so
- [experts, doctor, researchers] say
- can [honestly, sincerely] say that
- said it [honestly, clearly]
- [forgot, declined, wouldn't] say
- nothing [more, further, else] to say
- [have, think of] something to say
- (sorry,) what did you (just) say?
- (don't) understand what you're saying
- let's say we [try, go, leave]
- just say the word (and I'll)
- what does this [painting, picture, book, movie] say to you?
- slang: say what?
- you said [it, a mouthful]!
- [have, get] the [last, final, decisive] say
- the [boss, judge, government, victim] has the final say
- have already had your say
- she let him have his say
- [listeners, readers, viewers] were given their say
- don't I have [a, any] say in the matter?
- a say in the [issue, plan, decision]
- have a say in [how, where] the money is spent
- let's leave, say, [around 2:00, in 5 minutes]
- it weighs, say, [50 pounds]
- there were, say,  [guests, attendees, total]
'say' also found in these entries:
I - Irish - Lord - OK - SOB - addition - additionally - affectionate - afraid - again - agree - agreement - all - allegiance - aloud - also - amazed - announcement - anticipation - anymore - anything - apprehensive - arabic - argument - arrogant - as - ashamed - aside - awful - babe - badass - bar - base - basically - before - beloved - benefit - best bet - bewildered - bigot - bizarre - blessed - blessing - blunt - bound - brash - bullshit - bye - call - camera