WordReference English Collocations © 2020
sauceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [tomato, cheese, pesto, curry, cranberry] sauce
- a [fruity, spicy, tangy, cheesy] sauce
- a [creamy, thick, runny] sauce
- sauce for [pork, pasta, chicken, hamburgers]
- a sauce with [garlic, mushrooms, basil, anchovies]
- a sauce made with [tomatoes, olives, vegetables, chicken bones]
- [make, prepare, serve] a dipping sauce
- [spread, pour, drizzle] the sauce over
- stir the sauce with a [wooden spoon, whisk]
- add [milk, oregano, wine, sour cream, chopped onion] to the sauce
- the sauce needs more [milk]
- spoon the sauce onto the [plates, dishes]
- pour the sauce over the roast [pork, beef, vegetables]
- pour the sauce into the [oven tray, bowls, pan]
- spilled sauce on his [shirt, suit, pants]
- can you pass the sauce?
- slang: he's on the sauce again!
'sauce' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):
barbecue - basil - blueberry - boat - butter - celery - cheese - cheesy - cherry - chocolate - chunk - clam - clarify - consistency - cranberry - cream - crust - cucumber - duck - eggplant - fiery - fish - flavor - front - fudge - garlic - goose - honey - hot - jar - kick - ladle - lake - lamb - leaf - loin - lump - mackerel - milk - mint - mix - mushroom - napkin - over - oyster - pasta - peanut - pepper - plum - raisin