WordReference English Collocations © 2020
sapⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [tree, bark, cane, plant] sap
- sap was dripping from the [tree, limb]
- my hands are (all) covered in sap
- [sweet, sour, acrid] -smelling sap
- [extract, obtain, get, remove] sap from
- slang: the poor sap was [fooled, tricked, conned]!
- slang: the sap fell for [it, the trick]!
- slang: how can you be such a sap?
- slang: played him for a sap
- sapped my [energy, strength, will]
- the [heat, running, disease] sapped my [energy]
- his [energy] is being sapped
- sapped her of (her) [energy, enthusiasm]
- sap a [plant, leaf]