WordReference English Collocations © 2020
safelyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [got, arrived] home safely
- Did you [get] home safely?
- ensure that the [passengers, children] arrive safely
- drive safely (tonight)
- she always drives safely
- (allows you to) shop safely and [securely, efficiently, quickly]
- keep it safely [stored, guarded, locked] (away)
- [put it down, lift it] safely!
- safely [wrap, protect] the [gift, package]
- [designed, made, created] to safely [transport]
- [designed] to safely [transport, carry, move, dispose of]
- you must [invest, spend] safely
- are safely [tucked up, asleep] in bed
- a safely-guarded [secret, possession, painting]
- I can safely [bet, believe, say, assume] that
'safely' also found in these entries: