WordReference English Collocations © 2020
robⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- rob a [bank, painting, purse]
- caught robbing a [bank]
- rob a bank [armed, unarmed, with masks]
- rob [at night, in broad daylight]
- he was robbed of [all his money, his wallet]
- robbed her of her [savings, inheritance, chance]
- robbed of a [goal, home run, win, dream]
- robbed of the [chance, opportunity] (to)
- football, slang: we were robbed by the [umpire, referee]
- football, slang, UK: we [were, was] robbed!
'rob' also found in these entries: