- Inflections of 'reset' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
reset ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- reset the [computer, alarm clock, timer, counter]
- reset the alarm for [09:00, 1 hour later, tomorrow]
- the [alarm] resets [automatically, itself]
- reset (it) by [pushing, pressing, using]
- resets to [default, zero, its original configuration, its previous value]
- reset the [odometer, car]
- [charged for, arrested for, caught] resetting cars
n as adj
- give the [computer, machine, device] a reset
- my [mind, brain, body] needs a reset!
- a [password, security, device] reset
- click on "reset"
- the [debate, discussion] needs a reset
- the machine's reset [button, switch, function]
'reset' also found in these entries: