- Inflections of 'relapse' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
relapse ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- a relapse of the [cancer, disease, illness, symptoms]
- [cancer] relapse
- had a relapse
- was not surprised by her relapse
- relapse in [children, childhood, adults, adulthood, patients]
- a relapse into [pain, depression, schizophrenia]
- [medication, drugs, measures, exercise, diets] to prevent a relapse
- a lack of [exercise, vitamins, proteins] caused the relapse
- the relapse was [caused, brought on] by
- the [odds, likelihood, probability] of a relapse
- the [cause, motive, origin] of the relapse
- the nation's relapse into [war, battle, conflict]
- the family's relapse into [woes, hardships, difficulties]
- a relapse into [bad, violent, old, barbaric] ways
- [she, my father] could relapse
- [she] might relapse
- relapse into [a coma, silence, chaos]
- the relapse [rate, time, period]
- relapse prevention [treatment, therapy, methods]
'relapse' also found in these entries: