WordReference English Collocations © 2020
rambleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- was rambling (on) about her [son, job]
- what's he rambling about [now, this time]?
- is always rambling (on) about [something, nothing]
- rambled (on) for [ever, hours] (about)
- ramble (on) [incessantly, continuously, aimlessly]
- stop rambling and get to the point
- the plant is rambling over the [wall, fence]
- ramble through the [countryside, valleys]
- ramble in the [countryside]
- a [long, lengthy] ramble (in the countryside)
- go for a ramble in the [woods, forest, valley]
- a ramble through the [fields, forest]
- [published, delivered, listened to] a (long) ramble about