WordReference English Collocations © 2020
possiblyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is possibly the [best, worst, most expensive, only]
- is possibly [due, related, owing, connected] to
- [may, could, might] possibly be [due] to
- it may possibly [rain, snow] today
- might possibly be [true, genuine, a fake]
- [is, are] possibly based [on, upon]
- it possibly [led to, resulted in, caused]
- possibly in [conjunction, association, combination] with
- all they can possibly [eat, use, need, spend, want]
- couldn't possibly [eat] (any) more
- Could you possibly [ask, check, find out] for me?
- could not possibly [manage, cope, handle, finish]
- cannot possibly be [true, real, serious]
- this is possibly the [best] [hamburger, shake] (I have ever had)
- What could you have possibly meant by that?
- yes, possibly
- UK: possibly so, yes
'possibly' also found in these entries: