WordReference English Collocations © 2020
possibilityⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is a definite possibility
- [with, without, no] possibility of parole
- there is [no, a] possibility that
- that is not (even) a possibility!
- didn't even know that was a possibility!
- didn't know that was even a possibility!
- the possibility of [change, rain, bankruptcy, success]
- a [major, slim] possibility of
- there is a possibility for [growth, future developments]
- what are the possibilities of [winning, getting, obtaining, gaining]?
- the possibility to [use, share, get, change, create, make]
- [given, afforded, handed] the possibility to [use]
- will keep the possibility in mind
- the possibility exists [that, for]
- it is only one of the (many) possibilities
- there are several possibilities
- choose from several possibilities
- have [tried, explored] all possibilities
- is the [most, least] likely possibility
- there is only a [slight, slim] possibility [of, that]
- there is a [strong, major, distinct] possibility [of]
- that is another possibility
- trying to [think of, come up with] other possibilities
'possibility' also found in these entries:
admit - alert - avoid - being - beyond - blind - bound - buffer - consider - contemplate - definite - detail - discount - discuss - distinct - dubious - edgy - embrace - enter - enthusiastic - explain - explore - factor - giddy - good - however - improve - intriguing - less - likely - lip - outrage - overlook - parole - preclude - procedure - provision - realistic - realm - recognition - seemingly - shot - stroke - suggest - twofold - unlikely - virtually - welcome - zero