WordReference English Collocations © 2020
pleasantⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a pleasant [place, city, town, hotel, house]
- a pleasant [stroll, walk] [through, along, by]
- a pleasant (enough) [meal, day, lunch, dinner] (with)
- a pleasant [spring, summer, fall] day
- has a pleasant [mood, nature, character, disposition]
- a pleasant [person, host, child]
- had a pleasant [time, morning, weekend, trip, vacation, stay]
- a pleasant [setting, landscape, atmosphere]
- a pleasant view (of)
- a [hotel, restaurant] with pleasant views (of)
- pleasant [memories, recollections, dreams] (of)
- [quite, very, rather] pleasant [weather, conditions]
- the [book, novel, article] was a pleasant read
- we [got, were given, had] a pleasant surprise
- well, that was a pleasant surprise!
- it was a pleasant surprise to [see, hear from] you!
- is (very) pleasant to [work, deal] with
- is pleasant to [have, be, use, read]
- is pleasant for [children, students, everyone]
- a less-than-pleasant [experience, stay, encounter]
- a not-so-pleasant [experience]
'pleasant' also found in these entries: