WordReference English Collocations © 2020
pieⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [steak, rabbit, meat, vegetable, apple, pumpkin, cherry] pie
- UK: [steak and kidney, pork] pie
- [homemade, oven, oven-baked, fresh, frozen, supermarket, bakery] pies
- a [piping, steaming] hot pie
- [bake, make, fill, cut, slice, glaze] a pie
- [eat, sell, buy] pies
- stick your [thumb, finger] in the pie
- who ate all the [pie, pies]?
- would you like a [piece, slice] of pie?
- what kind of pie is it?
- the [senator, agent, government] had a finger in the pie
- has his fingers in [many, several] pies
- [everyone, the employees] wanted a piece of the pie (when)
- they [wanted, demanded] a bigger piece of the pie
- the [test, exam, money] was (as) easy as pie
- UK: the [suggestion, idea] was pie in the sky
- pie [crust, fillings, pastry]
- a pie [chart, graphic, diagram]
- UK, slang: was pie-eyed from [too much, all the] booze