WordReference English Collocations © 2020
permanentⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a permanent [position, state, condition, solution]
- a permanent [member, representative] of
- a permanent [link, connection] to
- their permanent [home, address, residence]
- permanent [jobs, workers, employees, headquarters]
- is a permanent resident of [Monaco, Los Angeles, London]
- left a permanent [scar, mark, abrasion]
- [enforce, make, implement] a permanent change
- the damage is not [thought, considered, expected] to be permanent
- a permanent [mark, blemish] on your [record, reputation]
- serves as a permanent reminder (of)
- [marked, written] with permanent ink
- do you have a permanent?
- going to the salon to get a permanent
- get a permanent at the salon
- [straightened, curled] her hair with a permanent
- I love your permanent!
'permanent' also found in these entries:
accommodation - address - ban - basis - blemish - bonding - constraint - cure - damage - dwelling - felony - file - fix - fixture - frown - impairment - ink - legacy - lens - loss - marker - repeal - repository - residence - resident - scowl - settler - shelter - shutdown - solution - sustainable - tan - temporary