WordReference English Collocations © 2020
particular ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a particular [item, product] on the list
- no particular [preference, talent, interest]
- have a particular interest in
- (do you) anything particular in mind?
- pay particular attention to
- is of particular importance to
- in this particular [case, school, state]
- in this particular situation
- put a particular emphasis on
- in any particular order
- any particular reason?
- is there any particular reason [why, that]
- has its own particular [charm, smell, style]
- what do you [like, want] in particular?
- do you want [one, any] in particular?
- nothing in particular
- took particular pains to [finish, arrive on time]
- this particular [example, case, one]
- is a particular type of
- has very particular needs
- is particular to [northern states, winter times]
- she's very particular
- very particular about [what I eat, where I sit, who I date]
- very particular about food
- is (always) very particular to [keep, have, make sure]
'particular' also found in these entries: