- Inflections of 'overrun' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
overrun ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [time, cost, distance] overrun
- a [meeting, class] overrun of [ten] minutes
- losses [due to, caused by] a cost overrun
- a cost overrun on the [project, construction]
- [avoid, prevent] overruns on the [platform, runway]
- a [brake, lever] to prevent airplane overrun
'overrun' also found in these entries: