WordReference English Collocations © 2020
originateⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- originated in [India]
- the [fire, explosion] originated in the [kitchen, basement]
- the [word, phrase, name] originated as
- the [word] originates from [Latin]
- who originated the [cliché, concept]?
- originates [mainly, primarily, mostly] from
- people originating from the [south, north] (of)
- her family originated from [India]
- almost certainly originated [in, from]
- is believed to have originated in [Africa]
'originate' also found in these entries: