WordReference English Collocations © 2020
object ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [a strange, an odd, an unusual] object
- an unidentified flying object
- what [a strange] object!
- an object made out of [clay, cement, marble]
- a [clay] object
- collects [decorative, quirky, unusual] objects
- [money, time, age] is no object
- treats women like objects
- don't treat me like an object!
- an everyday (ordinary) object
- she is the object of his [desire, affection, attention]
- an object of [curiosity, pity]
- functions as the object in the sentence
- [uses, is, needs] the direct object
- the object and subject
- [a direct, an indirect] object
'object' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):