WordReference English Collocations © 2020
oathⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- but you [took, swore] an oath!
- [take] an oath in front of
- [take] an oath in court
- testify [upon, under] oath
- the [witness, defendant] is under oath
- the [witness] swore an oath (to tell the truth)
- may I remind you that you're under oath?
- an oath to [uphold, defend, protect, support]
- the Hippocratic oath
- an oath before [God, Congress]
- an oath of [office, allegiance, loyalty]
- was a solemn oath
- made a blood oath (with)
- an oath of loyalty
- broke his oath (to)
'oath' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):