WordReference English Collocations © 2020
notⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- am not [sure, positive, certain]
- is not like the [others, rest]
- was not me who [said, did, forgot] (it)
- did not [say] it
- was not my [idea, plan]
- you must not [do that, leave, talk]
- not for [now, me]
- now is not the time (for)
- will not [be, finish, go]
- do not [know, want, feel]
- do not agree with you
- did not work for me
- did not know that
- is not the only one who
- is not just any [burger, car, pen]
- is (just) not the same [anymore, now]
- not even one?
- not [you, that one], [him, this one]
- not that I know (of)
- not as far as I [know, can see, am aware]
- (no,) not [really, yet]
- is not yet [finished, rated, available]
- [it, he] was not [wanted, appreciated]
- not at all [well, happy, satisfied]
- is not nearly enough
- it's not (at all) bad
- it's (just) not [fair, right, on]!
- is (just) not worth it
- [it's, that's] not OK
- that's (so) not true!
- that's not what I heard
- not [according to, from] what I heard
- it's not that I (don't) [want, think, like]
- you're not wrong
- is not much to look at, but
- not much of a [dancer, poet]
- I'm not about to [tell you, quit, cry]
- Oh no! Not that (song) again!
- not (even) in your dreams!
- not on my watch
- not a chance!
- not likely!
- not if I [can help, have anything to do with] it!
- not on your life!
- [there is, he has] not a hope of [winning, succeeding]
'not' also found in these entries:
AIDS - American - China - Christmas - God - I - ID - Italian - OK - Sunday - Thursday - a little - abide - able - about - absolute - absolutely - academic - accept - acceptable - accepted - access - accessible - accident - accord - accordance - accordingly - account - accrual - accurate - accurately - accustomed - achieve - acquainted - actual - actually - address - adequate - adjective - administration - admission - admit - adult - adventurous - advisable - advise - advocate - affect - afford - afraid