WordReference English Collocations © 2019
newsⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [good, welcome, great, fantastic, unwelcome, horrible, shocking] news
- [regular, updated, hourly, on-the-spot, latest] news
- (the) [TV, radio, morning, lunchtime, evening, travel] news
- the [six] o'clock news
- [read, present, host] the news
- [gather, edit, filter] the news
- [bear, give, bring] (the) bad news
- I'm afraid it's bad news
- I have news and bad news
- which news do you want first?
- [need, could use] some good news
- will be bringing you [regular, frequent] news (on)
- here's our correspondent with the (latest) news (on)
- [heard, saw, caught] it [on, in] the news
- read it in the news
- there was no news of his [whereabouts, application]
- is there any news on the [situation, patient]?
- [that's, it's all] news to me!
- a news [reporter, journalist, presenter, reader]
- a news [quiz, show, program, flash, channel, bulletin, item]
'news' also found in these entries:
Christmas - TV - a nose for sth - abreast - adverse - alarm - alert - along - also - analysis - anchor - ancient - angle - angry - annoyance - application - article - bad - badly - barely - bear - bearer - bed - behind - bit - bizarre - blackout - blanket - blow - bogus - bomb - bowl - break - broadcast - bumper - catch - channel - checked - cheer - cheerful - clip - comment - comprehensive - concern - connected - cope - cork - cover - coverage - cue