WordReference English Collocations © 2020
negativeⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a negative comment
- a negative [result, amount, figure]
- a negative [effect, impact] (on)
- a negative [person, student, customer, man, woman]
- is in a negative mood
- [has, is] a negative influence (on her)
- [give, receive, get] negative feedback
- (being) negative about the [chances, future, trip]
- there's no need to be so negative!
- stop being so negative!
- is [often, always] negative about
- slang: don't be a Negative Nancy
- I don't want to [be, appear] negative, but
- [expect, predict, report] negative growth
- [carry, have] a negative charge
- the test [came back, was] negative
- negative, [sir, captain]!
- photography: [printed, enlarged] from the negatives
- photography: [lose, store, keep, develop] the negatives
- [35mm, 5x7] negatives
- [color, black-and-white] negatives
- a [verb, response] in the negative
- only focused on the negative
'negative' also found in these entries:
AIDS - aspect - attitude - attribute - backlash - balance - blood - body - characteristic - effect - emotion - evaluate - feedback - feeling - flow - forecast - foster - frame - impact - impression - language - magnet - outcome - outlook - personality - plague - positive - publicity - reaction - review - rid - sentiment - sign - specimen - spin - spirit - state - terminal - thinking - thought - trait - utterance - vibe