WordReference English Collocations © 2020
neatlyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- neatly folded [shirts, clothes, bedsheets]
- the [shirts] were neatly folded
- neatly folded in the [suitcase, closet]
- neatly organized [folders, clothes, dishes]
- keeps his [desk, room] neatly organized
- [tidy, put, file] everything away (nice and) neatly
- wrote the [instructions, orders, details] neatly
- writes (very) neatly
- her hair was neatly [parted, tied back]
- [stacked, arranged, placed] the plates neatly [in, on]
- the plates were neatly [stacked]
- UK: neatly [dodged, sidestepped] the ball
- UK: neatly does it!
'neatly' also found in these entries: