WordReference English Collocations © 2020
neatⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a neat [essay, letter, list]
- a neat [figure, outline, shape, woman, person]
- his [writing, handwriting] is very neat
- has very neat [writing]
- is a very neat [person, individual]
- a neat, clean appearance
- a nice neat [part, hairstyle]
- a neat and ordered [way, manner, fashion] (of)
- keep the [place, room, house] neat and tidy
- keep it nice and neat
- [stacked, arranged, placed] in neat piles
- a neat bit of [deduction, skill, trickery]
- that's a neat [bike, cell phone, tablet, watch] (you've got)!
- came up with a neat [solution, suggestion, idea] (to)
- what a neat [bike, idea]!
- was really neat to [have, see, be, visit, get]
- I'll have a neat [whiskey, vodka, brandy]
- [takes, drinks, prefers] his [whiskey] neat
'neat' also found in these entries: