WordReference English Collocations © 2020
mouthⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- has a [big, small, thin, round] mouth
- has such a dirty mouth!
- has a very loud mouth!
- [wipe, rinse] your mouth
- have got [crumbs, cream, chocolate] (all) round your mouth
- her mouth was [gaping, wide, open] in [awe, shock]
- the [baby, dog] was [salivating, drooling] at the mouth
- [stuffed, filled] his mouth with [cookies, pie]
- kept her mouth [shut, closed, tight]
- opened his mouth wide (for the dentist)
- UK: the patient chart indicated nil by mouth
- [shoveled, spooned] food into her mouth
- the [words, language] that came out of her mouth
- the family has another mouth to feed
- don't need another mouth to feed!
- are living hand to mouth
- shut your (big) mouth!
- have had enough of your mouth!
- you took the words out of my mouth!
- put my foot in my mouth again
- don't talk with your mouth full!
- UK: is all mouth and no trousers
- is all mouth and no [action, substance]
- was born with a silver spoon in her mouth
- (at) the mouth of the [river, jar, jug, cave]
- [out of, from] the mouths of babes
- mouth [ulcers, infection, decay, cancer]
- mouth-to-mouth [breathing, aid, resuscitation]
- mouthing [words, instructions, commands, threats] (to)
- mouthed the word [help, please, stop]
- mouthed the words [of, to] the song
- mouthed a [kiss, goodbye]
- mouth [hollow, empty] promises
- mouthed [quietly, secretly, discreetly]
- mouth along with the [song, movie]
- mouthing off [at, to] your [parents, teacher]
'mouth' also found in these entries:
bitter - born - breathe - breathing - butter - cancer - chew - clamp - corner - cracker - cram - crease - crown - cum - drip - drool - dummy - extract - fag - feed - fire - fish - flow - foam - food - foot - fork - foul - frown - fully - gag - gift - grease - gum - gutter - hair - hand - handkerchief - horse - ill - inside - itchy - lick - like - money - mumps - napkin - nasty - nil - numb