WordReference English Collocations © 2020
monsterⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [huge, man-eating, fire-breathing] monster
- a [cartoon, legendary, mythical, movie] monster
- a monster of a [man, person, whale, dog]
- a monster of a [building, statue, truck]
- the [legend, tale] of the Loch Ness monster
- the [character, doctor, hero] turns into a monster
- the monster ate the [people, onlookers]
- the monster crushed the [ship, truck, plane]
- idiom: they have created a monster!
- informal: the [test, exam] was a real monster!
- informal: your [son, kid, daughter] is a little monster!
- informal: those [criminals, hooligans] are monsters!
- a monster [database, book, fish, ship]
- [undertake, finish up] a monster project
- the [book, party, movie] was a monster success
- a monster truck [rally, competition, driver]
- a monster movie
'monster' also found in these entries: