WordReference English Collocations © 2020
monkeyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [macaque, wild, spider] monkeys
- see monkeys in the [wild, forest, jungle]
- saw the monkeys at the zoo
- [behave, swing, act, move] like a monkey
- (try to) get the monkey off your back
- he was making a monkey out of me!
- monkey see, monkey do
- sexually explicit, UK: [spank, beat] the monkey
- UK: [it cost me, I paid] a monkey
- UK: you cheeky monkey!
- just a monkey on [the payroll, a computer, a salary]
- the [organ grinder's, organization's] monkey
- UK: a [packet, bag] of monkey nuts
- a monkey puzzle tree
- [no more, enough] of your monkey business!
- monkey around
- [stop, quit, always] monkeying around
- the [boys, children, kids] were monkeying around
- likes to monkey around with [cars, bikes, electronics]
- monkey with the broken [engine, toaster, table]
- don't monkey with my [settings, profile, picture]
'monkey' also found in these entries: