- Inflections of 'moderate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
moderate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a moderate [price, tax, fine, ban, speed, distance]
- a moderate [amount, level, quantity, degree] (of)
- a moderate [increase, decrease, reduction, climb] (in)
- a moderate [wing, movement, group, faction, voter]
- moderate [political, social, religious] views
- his views are moderate
- moderate [Muslims, Republicans]
- has moderate [talent, knowledge of, skill]
- [recommended, use, apply, set] a moderate amount
- [earns, is on, takes home] a moderate income
- moderate with his [words, behavior, actions, reaction]
- moderate in [strength, severity, intensity]
- [light, mild] to moderate [conditions, wind, rain]
- moderate to [heavy, strong, high, low]
- the moderates and the far [left, right]
- considers himself a moderate
- is a political moderate
- trying to [appeal to, win votes from, win over] the moderates
- an alliance of moderates and [liberals, radicals]
- the moderates are gaining more [votes, support]
- votes held by [conservative, Democratic, Republican] moderates
- moderates in the party
'moderate' also found in these entries: