- Inflections of 'misuse' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
misuse ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [banned, barred, kicked out] for misusing the [forum, program, office]
- [treated, hospitalized, counseled] for misusing [drugs, medication]
- misuse a [word, meaning, term]
- misuse your [power, position, privilege]
- misused by [students, visitors, teenagers]
- [commonly, often, frequently, usually] misused by
- [word, term] is [commonly] misused
- [guilty, accused, cleared] of misusing [funds, money, savings]
- [the funds] were misused for [personal, political, uncertain] reasons
- misused in [several, many, various] ways
- misused to [hide, create, get, make]
- misused and [tampered, destroyed, broken, abused]
- misuse of [medication, medicine, drugs, chemicals, substances]
- (the) misuse of [data, information, figures, statistics]
- the misuse by [customers, patients, handlers, caregivers, politicians]
- the misuse of a [phrase, verb, expression, word]
- misuse of [council, public, school] funds
- the [leader's, government's] misuse of power
- [avoid, prevent] the misuse of (prescription) [drugs, medication]
- [dismissed, fired] for the misuse of funds
- misuse led to confusion
- the misuse and abuse of [drugs, medication]
'misuse' also found in these entries: