WordReference English Collocations © 2020
miserable ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a miserable [soul, person, man, woman, boy, girl]
- a miserable [parent, teacher, worker]
- a miserable [living, life, existence, future, outlook]
- had a miserable day at [home, school, the office, the store]
- has been a miserable [day, morning, evening, night, week]
- this [rain, snow] is miserable
- what miserable weather we're having!
- (took place) [in, under] miserable conditions
- a miserable state of affairs
- am feeling miserable (today)
- is always so miserable
- she looks [so, completely, thoroughly] miserable
- is in a miserable [mood, frame of mind] (from)
- [raised, got, made] a miserable [$20]!
- was a miserable [attempt, try, failure]
- a miserable excuse for a [teacher, lawyer, doctor]
- nothing but a miserable [crook, villain, fraudster]
- you miserable little [wretch, worm, liar, thief]!
- offensive, slang: a miserable [bastard, prick, asshole, motherfucker]
'miserable' also found in these entries: