WordReference English Collocations © 2019
miracleⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- I can't perform miracles!
- I [can walk, am cured]. It's a miracle!
- it's a miracle that I [can walk]!
- is a miracle of [nature, life, the ocean]
- is one of [nature's] miracles
- need [help, money, rain], not a miracle!
- need a miracle to [win, finish, qualify]
- it would take a miracle (for that to happen)
- was nothing short of a miracle
- performed small miracles to [get, save, rescue, ensure]
- [hoping, waiting] for a miracle to happen
- hoping for a divine miracle
- looked to the [heavens, sky, stars] for miracles
- [don't, doesn't] believe in miracles
- was a miracle they didn't get [hurt, injured]
- was a miracle they [survived, returned, landed safely]
- only a miracle can save them now
- religion: [God, Jesus] performed a number of miracles
- is a miracle of [construction, acoustics, technology, engineering]
- worked a miracle on [us, the town, the team]
- the [treatment, cream] worked like a miracle
- there's no miracle cure!
- claimed as a miracle drug
- I'm not a miracle worker!
'miracle' also found in these entries: