WordReference English Collocations © 2020
messyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a messy [room, bedroom, table, office, desk]
- a messy [process, job, project, assignment]
- a messy [pile, load, stack] (of)
- messy [handwriting, homework, instructions]
- a messy [dog, animal, child]
- the [baby, boy, girl] is a messy eater
- try not to be so messy!
- please try to be less messy!
- messy in [his personal habits, the kitchen]
- a messy [financial, work, political] situation
- caught up in some messy business
- (take care of) the messy business of
- (attend to) the messy matter of
- involved in a messy [fight, spat, brawl]
- things got a [little, bit] messy
- very messy at [home, school, work, college]
- everything is a messy blur
'messy' also found in these entries: