WordReference English Collocations © 2020
merryⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Merry Christmas!
- [we, would like to] wish you a Merry Christmas!
- a very merry Christmas
- a merry [occasion, atmosphere, vibe]
- a merry [child, family, couple, sailor, soul]
- a merry [throng, gang, crowd] (of)
- a merry [throng] of [men, fans, students]
- a merry [tune, song]
- [whistled, hummed] a merry [tune]
- in a merry [mood, frame of mind]
- in the merry month of [May, June]
- UK: [was, felt, got] a bit merry
- UK: felt merry after two [beers, cocktails, glasses of wine]
- UK: was merry on [beer, punch, excitement, fumes]
- the more the merrier!
'merry' also found in these entries: