WordReference English Collocations © 2020
mentalⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- mental [ability, strength, powers]
- [advanced, low, high] mental capacity
- mental [problems, health, patients, issues, illness]
- mental health [care, professionals, centers]
- [treat, study, detect] mental disorders
- his mental health [improved, deteriorated, got better]
- be [admitted, taken, sent] to a mental institution
- [needs, requires, calls for] great mental strength
- make a mental note [of, to]
- a mental [image, picture] (of)
- mental preparation
- [70%, most, much, a lot] of the [pain, preparation] is mental
- [perform, do, is good at] mental [math, addition]
- [Have you gone, Are you] mental?
- went mental on him
- she'll go mental if you [tell her, say anything]!
- UK: the [crowd, spectators, audience] are going mental
- UK, slang: [this, that, this video] is [completely, totally, just] mental!
'mental' also found in these entries:
activity - awareness - barrier - capacity - commit - condition - cripple - decay - delusion - depression - disability - disorder - disturbance - endowment - endurance - exercise - fog - function - growth - handicap - health - holistic - illness - image - impaired - impairment - institution - modern - physical - retard - section - spectrum - stamina - trick - turmoil - underlying - violence - well-being