WordReference English Collocations © 2020
mareⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [white, gray, brown] mare
- a [five] -year-old mare
- a [breeding, reproductive] mare
- the mare [kicked, dragged, raised] her hoof
- the stallion [mounted, covered] the mare
- mares [protecting, feeding, helping] their foals
- a mare with her foals
- astronomy: observed a moon mare through the telescope
- astronomy: the maria are located on the [far, opposite] side
- UK, slang: the [journey, trip, exam] was a complete mare!
- UK, slang: she's a [crazy, mad, feisty] mare!
- UK, slang: had an absolute mare in [defense, goal, attack]
'mare' also found in these entries: