WordReference English Collocations © 2020
manualⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- an [operating, owner's, instruction] manual
- comes with an [operating] manual
- the manual is in [Chinese]
- the manual is in [English] and [French]
- a [technical, computer, machine, device, style, user] manual
- Did you read the manual?
- What does the manual say?
- What does it say in the manual?
- read the manual before [assembling, mounting, operating]
- read the manual before you [try, attempt] to
- translate the manual from [French] to [English]
- translate the manual into [Spanish]
- see the manual for more [information, options, functions, details]
- a manual on [how, how to, how much, how many, when, where]
- a manual of [chemical, mathematical] [formulas, tables]
- manual [work, labor, employment, jobs]
- a manual [worker, laborer]
- manual [reflexes, dexterity]
- manual [car, vehicle, transmission]
- manual and automatic [cars]
- a manual [machine, processor, typewriter]
- a manual [lever, function, switch, gearshift]
- manual or [digital, electronic, automatic]
'manual' also found in these entries: