WordReference English Collocations © 2020
magicⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [appeared, disappeared] as if by magic
- pull out a [rabbit, dove, handkerchief] by magic
- make a [coin, watch, card] disappear by magic
- [he walked in, the TV started working again] as if by magic,
- [his walking in] felt like magic
- accused of [using, practicing] black magic
- a [witch, sorcerer] using (black) magic
- must be some kind of black magic
- the [dangerous, ancient, mysterious] tradition of black magic
- doesn't believe in magic
- Is it magic or just an (optical) illusion?
- that's magic, [folks, kids, children]!
- the magic of [fame, recovery, music, spring, cartoons]
- [waved, pulled out, tapped] his magic wand
- (there's no) magic [formula, number, kingdom]
- [has, needs] a magic touch
- just (need to) say the magic word
- What's the magic word?
- [look for, find, discover] the magic ingredient needed
- UK: our [trip, holiday] was magic
- [took, ate] magic mushrooms
- a magic [show, performer, set, wand, trick]
- magic [powers, spells, potions]
- [try, perform, do] a magic trick
'magic' also found in these entries: