WordReference English Collocations © 2020
lugⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- UK: a lug on the [pipe, cigar, cigarette]
- UK: a [deep, long, sharp, quick] lug on the cigarette
- UK: Can I have a couple of lugs (of your cigarette)?
- UK: wooden lugs of [grapes, fruit, vegetables]
- UK: the lugs on the [crate, box] sides
- UK: informal: his [hair, hat] covers his lugs
- UK: slang: [add, pour] a lug of [olive, vegetable] oil
- UK: slang: they put the lug on him at [work, school, the office]
- slang: her friends chanted "chug a lug"
- slang: you're such a [silly, big] lug!
'lug' also found in these entries: