WordReference English Collocations © 2020
loverⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [young, foreign, new] lover
- [took, found] a [young] lover
- [an African, a Caribbean, a Latin] lover
- a [considerate, passionate, hunky] lover
- a [music, sports, fashion, gadget, cat] lover
- a lover of [music]
- the [happy, enamored] lovers
- a [history, series, string] of past lovers
- has lovers [across, all over] the world
- caught her [husband, boyfriend] with his lover
- we are just lovers!
- have been lovers [for years, since university]
- is a lover of [fine wines, classical music]
- is [a music, a cat, a dog, an animal] lover
- hey, lover boy!
'lover' also found in these entries:
affection - animal - attentive - beast - better - bored - caring - chew - chuck - considerate - constant - diary - dispose - embrace - enthusiastic - excited - experienced - fickle - fierce - former - frustrated - good - hurt - jaded - jealous - lesbian - lingerie - literature - meet - music - orgasm - outdoor - passionate - past - please - pleasure - poor - romantic - rough - run - satisfied - satisfy - scorn - secret - sex - spoon - tender - thoughtful - to - water