WordReference English Collocations © 2020
lookoutⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- manning the lookout
- abandoned his lookout
- was [put, placed] on lookout (for the night)
- the [ships, base's] lookout
- on top of the lookout
- acted as lookouts in the bank
- a lookout for the [gang, mob]
- recruited a lookout to [check, warn, protect]
- post lookouts at the [entrances, exits]
- be on the lookout for [trouble, anything suspicious]
- [the police, authorities] are on the lookout for...
- am always on the lookout for [skilled players, new ideas, a good deal]
'lookout' also found in these entries: