- Inflections of 'leverage' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
leverage ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- need [better, more] leverage (to)
- apply leverage to the [door, safe, lock]
- move it using leverage
- do not have enough leverage (to)
- [financial, economic] leverage (over)
- is [feeling, experiencing] increased leverage
- need to [get, find, have, gain] some leverage over him
- have leverage over [my boss, the judge]
- apply leverage to [my boss]
- use your leverage to [negotiate, force, obtain]
- use leverage to [increase, boost, multiply] returns
- have leverage in our negotiations
- leveraged his [position, power, wealth, connections] (in order to)
- leverage [funds, investments, a takeover]
- leverage [resources, talent, income]
- leveraged him for [information, the job, a raise]
- leveraged the [suppliers, producers, congressman, police]
- leveraged the [piano, dresser, bed] up the stairs
- leveraged to [get, make, negotiate, obtain, push, force]
'leverage' also found in these entries: