WordReference English Collocations © 2020
knickersⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- UK: wearing [see-through, lace, sexy, red, silk] knickers
- UK: wasn't wearing any knickers (at all)
- UK: [put on, changed into] her knickers
- UK: opened the door in only bra and knickers
- UK: [whipped, slipped, pulled] off her knickers
- UK: [smelt, sniffed] her knickers
- UK: likes wearing women's knickers!
- UK: put his mum's knickers on his head!
- UK: could see her knickers when she bent [down, over]
- UK: flashed her knickers [at the boys, under her skirt]
- UK, slang: I say knickers to that!
- UK, slang: knickers to [all of them, the whole lot]!
- dated: dressed in [wool, linen, gray] knickers (and waistcoat)