WordReference English Collocations © 2020
kiteⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [tail, strings, handle] of the kite
- went to fly his kite
- flew her kite [on the beach, in the field]
- kept the kite [airborne, in the air] for (half an hour)
- was fighting kites
- [kids, children] chasing after kites
- run [about, around] with a kite
- learn how to fly a kite
- slang: go fly a kite, [pal, buddy]!
- slang, drugs: he's as high as a kite!
- finance, informal: [wrote out, gave, paid with] a kite
- a [black, swallow-tailed, white-tailed] kite
- was kiting [on the beach, in the park]
- kiting in [spring, summer, fall]
- kited into [England] by [jet plane, concorde, private jet]
- kite [money, credit, checks]
- kite the [enemy, defender, tower]
- the kite [handle, strings, cords, tail]
- kite [surfing, boarding, flying, runners]
- is the kite- [surfing] champion
- is a kite maker
'kite' also found in these entries: