WordReference English Collocations © 2020
kingdomⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [animal, vegetable, mineral] kingdom
- the kingdom of [thought, heaven, God, dreams]
- The United Kingdom (of Great Britain)
- the kingdom of [Saudi Arabia, Norway, Sweden]
- a [tiny, vast, large] kingdom
- [reigned, ruled] over the (entire) kingdom
- ruled the kingdom for [generations, decades, half a century]
- [attacked, conquered, invaded] the kingdom
- the kingdom was [attacked] by
- idiom: has come into her kingdom
- informal: from now until kingdom come!
- informal: [blown, kicked, smashed] to kingdom come
'kingdom' also found in these entries: