WordReference English Collocations © 2020
jokerⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- informal: is the [class, school, family, office] joker
- informal: every office has [a, its] joker
- informal: are just a [group, bunch] of jokers!
- informal: [acting, behaving] like a joker
- informal: thinks he's [a real, some kind of] joker
- informal: some joker left the [door open, lights on]
- informal: don't be such a joker!
- cards: I'd like to [play, use] my joker
- cards: [picked up, took] a joker from the deck
- cards: jokers are wild
- cards: jokers are worth [fifteen] points