WordReference English Collocations © 2020
jinxⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is [thought, believed, considered] to be a jinx
- [saw, regarded] her as a jinx
- don't [touch, go near] him - he's a jinx!
- he must be a jinx!
- [believes, doesn't believe] in jinxes
- failed to [break, shake off, get rid of] their jinx
- jinx, you owe me a soda!
- jinxed [us, the outcome, the match, the deal, the play]
- jinxed by [them, commentators, reporters, a coworker]
- [might, could, will] jinx [us]
- don't jinx [it, yourself]
- jinx your chances (of winning)
- [could, might] jinx your chances [if you, by]