WordReference English Collocations © 2020
jerkⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- moved his [head, arm] with a jerk
- with a jerk of her [head]
- gave a jerk of his [head]
- gave a [head] jerk to [say no, show his disapproval]
- the [train, car, engine] started with a jerk
- slang: he's [such, a real, a total] jerk!
- slang: don't be such a jerk!
- slang: leave me alone, you jerk!
- slang: you're a jerk if you [believe, think, try]
- Do you have to be such a jerk?
- is always such a jerk!
- a jerk of a [man, boss]
- don't listen to him, he's just a jerk
- UK, sexually explicit: caught having a jerk-off
- sports: the [one-arm, clean and] jerk
- sports: [practice, do] the clean and jerk in the gym
- jerk [beef, lamb, pork, chicken]
- [marinated, grilled, barbecued] jerk [beef]
- make jerk [beef]
- was a knee-jerk reaction
'jerk' also found in these entries: